My Map

Click to zoom in on my visitor map!
Create your free world visitor maps

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Metaphors

1. The moon is a  wonderland to astronaut.
2. Freckles are like red seeds when they spread across your face.
3. His arms were like spaghetti as they lifted the heavy chair.
4. The stars are shining jewels as they twinkle in the night sky.
5. The storm was a beast as it clawed against my window.
6. The freshly mowed lawn was a green carpet.
7. The noisy children were stampeding around as they raced through the museum.
8. I was a sneak as I tiptoed across the wooden floor.
9. The river was a whirlpool as it twisted and turned down the mountain.
10. His cheeks were like two big round balloons as he chewed the giant wad of bubble gum.

Resources:
Renee Kirchner (2007) The National Writing for Children Center http://writingforchildrencenter.com/2007/11/29/metaphors-this-weeks-teaching-tip/

No comments:

My Plant